Monthly Real Estate e-Newsletter: Edition #1, 2018 by The REGNIER Group at SimplyWaterfront.com
Welcome! In this edition of “The REGNIER Group – Local Happenings and More”: Six More Weeks of Winter, iPic Theater Delray Beach Collapse, Local Events, Recipe of The Month & Super Bowl Appetizer Ideas.
The goal of each edition is to provide real estate news, the local housing market, local happenings and tasteful recipes to name a few.
Six More Weeks of Winter
February 02, 2017: Groundhogs Day 2018, Punxsutawney Phil (the groundhog) scurried out of his hole and saw his shadow. This means hunker down for six more weeks of winter. Despite the milder and dryer than average winter on the west coast of the United States, the eastern half of the country has felt the full force of Old Man Winter. Here in Florida, we too haven’t escaped the cold; but naturally, our sub-tropical climate only teases us with an occasional cool day or two. Northerners, keep sending your snow pictures my way and I will gladly email you pictures or a video of our beautiful beaches and tropical climate.
February 01, 2018: The construction of the iPic Theaters in Downtown Delray Beach continues to create excitement. The iron structure on the upper deck collapsed on Thursday. Here is a picture I took this morning as crew prepare to remove the damaged beams. Traffic delays are expected on SE 5th and SE 6th Avenues (US1 north and South) until repairs are made.
1) Delray Beach Green Market – Every Saturday in the Old School Square from 9 AM – 12PM; Web Address: www.delraycra.org/greenmarket
2) Museum of Ice Cream – February is the last month, so visit while you can; Web Address: www.museumoficecream.com
3) Manatee Lagoon “ManateeFest” – February 3-4, 2018; Web Address: www.visitmanateelagoon.com
4) Boca Raton Seafood & Music Festival – February 10-11, 2018; Web Address: www.seafoodfestivals.com/S-53-Boca+Raton+Seafood+%26+Music+Festival.html
5) Palm Beach Fine Craft Show – February 16-18, 2018; Web Address: www.palmbeachfinecraft.com
6) The Lake Worth Street Painting Festival – February 24-25, 2018; Web Address: www.streetpaintingfestivalinc.org/index.php/info/about
Recipe of the Month
With cold/flu season in full swing, boosting your immune system is a must. There has been a lot of chatter about Elderberry and the benefits to help us combat sickness. You can purchase direct from a health food store, but at $15-$25 per bottle.
My wife Milissa recently made our first homemade elderberry syrup and here is the recipe. You can purchase dried Elderberry’s online and it’s recommend that you complete your own research prior to purchasing. (we ordered from: www.mountainroseherbs.com)
Yield: Approximately 16 fl oz
• 1/2 cup dried elderberries
• 3 cups filtered water
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 6 whole cloves
• 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped ginger
• zest of 1 lemon
• 1 cup raw unfiltered honey
1) In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except the honey.
2) Bring the elderberry mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
3) Using a mesh strainer, strain the elderberry mixture into a glass bowl ensuring you squeeze as much of the juice you can using a spoon.
4) Mix the honey into the strained juice.
5) Pour the elderberry syrup into a glass mason jar and store in the refrigerator.
6) Dose is ½ tsp to 1 tsp for kids and ½ Tbsp to 1 Tbsp for adults 3 times day. If the cold/flu does strike, take the normal dose every 2-3 hours instead of once a day.
Super Bowl Appetizers
Who’s excited for Super Bowl? Here are a few favorite recipes.
1) Bacon beer cheese bread bowl; Web Address: www.hostthetoast.com/bacon-beer-cheese-bread-bowl
2) Easy Queso; Web Address: www.momfoodie.com/easy-queso-dip-recipe
3) Crock Pot Sweet Chili BBQ Kielbasa; Web Address: www.iowagirleats.com/2016/12/21/crock-pot-sweet-chili-bbq-kielbasa
4) Caprese Salad Skewers; Web Address: www.stuckonsweet.com/caprese-salad-skewers
The only tool you need to manage favorite listings & searches. Sign up to get email alerts, market updates and more.